Pages

Friday 8 November 2013

A Day to Always Remember


If I was ever going to forget the exact date I started blogging, I know to just Google the 2013 FIFA Under 17 World Cup and find my answer. It's been an eventful day indeed. I'm so proud of these players.






Other than the finals, I never watched any of their games, what with the time fixtures that always clashed with work. I was not going to miss the finals, so I joined the all male spectators at work. I was nervous and pessimistic that it was going to be a different outcome than the times I never watched. Majority of the spectators didn't think so. That calmed my fears a little. Then, there was the man who kept yelling "attention" in French, every five minutes, which cracked me up and eased up my tensed nerves the more. The first goal came, and I sat comfortably into the sofa. Into the second half, the second goal came, and then there was Kanu Nwankwo in the stadium. I became sure there was not going to be a Liverpool vs AC Milan repeat, so I confidently left for home. And for the fourth time, the rest is history and a new record set.

It's a good night to be a Nigerian

No comments:

Post a Comment