Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

Here In My Office


I have mixed feelings about my office.

Physically, it is not that appealing to me, although I've received several compliments about its space and the two newly bought philosophical paintings in it.

The space is massive that it could comfortably accommodate five more desks with zero inconvenience. It's partially enclosed with some sheets framed in aluminum scaffolds, and stands tall at about five feet, which means that human heads are most likely to pop up from time to time either to ask how my night was, if I could spare some sheets of paper or it's just a comment on the soft music playing from my computer. 

The roominess and subtle exposure evoked a feeling-- tininess in a corner. It got to the point I had to bring in a second table. Although this move didn't cure my psychological disposition, it helped the typical monotony of my sitting position. At least, the second table is now intended for more urgent works, where and when I don't need distractions from my gadgets or desk clutters.

I admit that my office could use a lot of my personal touch to give it the homey ambiance that I yearn for like a fluffy rug under my table for feet rest, fresh flowers to fan the embers of positivity as well as bring in some air of nature. Maybe I need to also provide a fridge to contain my little chocolatey/groundnuty indulgence, hoping it would also serve my visitors, and finally, replace the photo of GEJ and some other mean faces staring down my head in the most unfriendly gazes with my newly acquired artworks.

Despite these self perceived physical inadequacies and demands, it is still my chamber of inspirations, experiences, convenience and achievements. 

In this haven, I discovered common Q-Tips are irresistible items of distraction and entertainment. The cute transparent container holding them is the first thing people want to reach for before they remember to take a seat. The dreaminess in their eyes, their arched heads and mumblings when they dab their ears cast me into a trance where I am this powerful morphin that is the panacea to all their pains. It is a miraculous feeling. 

Again, in this haven, the idea of Koko Hill was birthed, to name but a few.

I love my limitless space.

No comments:

Post a Comment